Monday, October 5, 2009

Mano fan letters

A long week with six straight days of Mano events is now over. I'm incredibly tired but also very happy after been having a great week. I will try go into details about the last three days of events tomorrow. I'm just too tired to go through everything right now.

After I got back home now I sat down to go through all sites that I visit frequently, to catch up with what I've missed the last few days. When I got to Mano's blog I saw this post about her receiving a lot of fan letters.

Yesterday I wrote her a letter in English after my friend had convinced me that even if I couldn't write in Japanese, he was sure that Mano would appreciate it. I've felt a bit so-so about been doing it (it feels somehow disrespectful), until now when I read this:

「中には,
英語で書いてある手紙もあって,
音楽の力ってすごいなぁ
って思ったり...」

"One of the letters is written in English.
The power of music is strong, huh.
I think so..."

Mano-chan was touched by just me writing her a letter even if I didn't even try to at least write some of it in Japanese. I'm satisfied, since that's the reason for me even writing it, but I do want to ask her if she managed to understand all of it. She told me at the handshake events today that she had read it but I didn't have enough time to ask her about it. I tried to buy a CD for another handshake but they were sold out already at that point...

Now I have to somehow make it to some more event with her before I go back home to Sweden next month. Or, try send her another letter and hope that she will reply. I didn't include my address in the first one, lol.

オマリー

No comments:

Post a Comment