Thursday, October 15, 2009

Berryz fall tour -09 "Medachitaii!!" review







The last few days I've been pretty dead. Both physically and mentally. I haven't found the will to do anything else than slacking. I'm sorry for this late report of Berryz new tour.

I suck at doing reviews of concerts and events. Basically because I tend to focus on wrong things, like being a bit too into the dancing and cheering or just being completely numb while staring at my favourite member. Hopefully some people will find this interesting.

A lot of text so I'm sorry if there's grammar mistakes and typos.


Some thoughts on the set list:

1. Ryuusei Boy
- This was the first time I heard the whole song. Right away it strikes me as a typical upbeat and genki Berryz type of song. You get into the dance and the melody right away and overall I think it's a pretty good song. For some reason it reminds me of Seishun Bus Guide, maybe a bit more entertaining to watch but a bit weaker.

2. Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi
- The girls stayed on stage, keeping their Ryuusei Boy dresses on for this. A good live song with a cute dance. I've got nothing more to add.

Member Intro VTR
- The video consists of the members getting introduced with old pictures showing them growing up, all the way until they decided to tryout for H!P Kids because of their "will to stand out" (the meaning of the tour name, "medachitaii"). Some really cute shots. The big winner was definitely Chinami, of whom they showed pictures eating literally all the time before she fell asleep, woke up, ate more and then fell asleep again. It's also interesting to get reminded about how different Momoko was as a child. A serious, grumpy loner compared to the always so energetic and hyper self she is today. You who have watched the old H!P movies involving the kids should have a good idea about what I'm talking about.

3. Watashi no Mirai no Danna-sama
- This was also my first listening. A serious(/"mature") song from which I'd have to get the lyrics explained for me to understand. The girls wear dark red long dresses in which some girls fit better in and some not. I don't really approve of them. I've already forgot the melody, which is understandable because I'm pretty deaf when it comes to music. It really is boring though. I'm glad that Ryuusei Boy is the song getting more attention out of the two for this new single. Saki looked very cute though. Always something.

MC 1
- IIRC just bla bla talk about that the tour has started and etc.

4. MADAYADE
- A song that I really hated when it was realeased but which I've become quite found of lately. It's a fun song and great live for us wota to take a part of.

5. Munasawagi Scarlet
- Still in the dark red dresses, fitting well for this song. I like the song, but it's never really getting me that excited to see live.

6. Ohiru No Kyuukei Jikan (Chinami solo)
- I was, just like most other people, very surprised to see Chinami solo. I was half-way through still waiting for someone else to join the stage. She did it pretty well and was cute as always, but her voice was getting really strained at the end of the song. Maybe it will get better after a week or two into the tour. (Btw, I have no idea if I've ever even heard this song before, lol)

7. Otoko no Ko (Miyabi & Yurina duet)
- Oh, damn, wow. This made me end up staring at the girls with a hanging jaw, almost starting drooling on myself. A great song choice for these girls, who were wearing short skirts and heels. They did an awesome job with it, too. It was even better than the full group's performance of the song during this spring tour. Thank you, Tsunku!

8. Halation Summer (Saki, Momoko, Maasa & Risako)
- This is where the hilarity started. The girls enters the stage wearing huge sunglasses, looking incredibly ridicilous. I was laughing out loud even before the song started and was crying after like half a minute. I can't even describe how funny they make it. By far the best performance of this song I've seen until now.

9. Seishun Oodoori
- Zzz, zzz and zzz.

MC 2
- Eh. we just got some rest with the previous song. No need for a MC here! I don't even remember what was happening, by still being sleepy after the previous song.

10. Dschinghis Khan - beatboxing with Risako solo in the middle of the song
- I love how they stopped in the middle of the song for their beatboxing. They did it for Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai in the spring tour, which was mostly entertaining because of Momoko's chipmunk solo. This time the girls had improved a lot and the higlight for me was Saki's and Chinami's part which was really funny. Risako sang the lines for the song alone, which she did really well.

11. Seishun Bus Guide
- Somehow a pretty disappointing performance. I liked it better when they wore the PVC space busguide outfits during the spring tour. The PV was so hilarious and is making live perfs lame. But it's not like it's a song that I'm very found of anyway.

12. Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba (Chinami, Maasa & Miyabi)
- A nice song, but nothing you get excited over to see live really.

13. Baka ni Shinaide (Saki, Miyabi, Yurina & Risako)
- Somewhere around here I got lost with the outfits. Oh well, anyway, this song is a killer. Saki also has a decent amount of solo lines, which I'm glad for since it's a good song for her voice. It's really one of my favourite songs they've released the last two years.

14. VERY BEAUTY (Momoko solo)
- Ehh, why is MOMOKO doing this solo? She doesn't even have any solo lines in the original, lol. I guess it made her and her fans happy, but it's so more suitable for Risako or Yurina. Maybe even Miyabi. I was too disappointed with the fact that Momoko sang it so I actually didn't like it. They ruined one of my favourite Berryz singles. No offence to Momoko, I do like her a lot.

15. Special Generation
- WOW, the LULS. All the girls except from Momoko coming on stage wearing huge fish outfits. I'm bad at describing it but yeah, they were dressed as orange/pink fish, dancing to Special Generation. I'm not sure if a perf of that song can be more awesome. Or well, I wasn't, until Momoko came on stage half-way through the song dressed as a fish market dealer, trying to catch the girls with a huge landing net. Maybe the highlight of the concert.

16. Nigiyaka na Fuyu
- The girls sing this song in a very silly way, still wearing the fish outfits. I'm not sure if I've heard this song before either, but it was funny as hell to still see the girls as fish. Miyabi seemed to surprisingly be enjoying herself a lot while running off the stage, lol. Damn cute.

MC 3 (Saki & Momoko)
- The girls talking about the other members, somehow. I didn't catch what was said and haven't talked to anyone who did yet either.

17. ~Berryz 1st Special Medley~
21ji Made no Cinderella
Omoitattara Kichi Desse
Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai → Stop in the middle for one member playing the chorus on a xylophone
Kaccho ee!
Warera! Berryz Kamen
21ji Made no Cinderella
- I wasn't too thrilled over the song choices for this medley, but they made it really funny with the xylophone part and Kaccho ee!. Upbeat and entertaining, just like a medley should be.

MC 4
- From this I remember nothing, lol.

18. Suhada Pichipichi
- Like usually during the end of the concert before the encore they finish it with some upbeat songs. This being one of my favourite live songs. Very cute.

19. Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance
- This song and Dschinghis Khan was the songs that got me into Berryz in the first place. It's funny as hell and great live in all ways.

20. Rival
- So far the H!P song of the year for me. It's extremely cute and a good mood-raiser. Every H!P release should involve songs of this calibre.

ENCORE
21. HAPPY! Stand Up
- The girls came out wearing some cone shaped silverish hats, vests and shorts. It made me laugh again. The song is one of my favourites from the latest album, but I'm also a bit tired of it by now because it's so repetitive. The encores are apparently supposed to be bad, so whatever.

MC 5
- Thanks for coming, bye-bye, bla bla.

22. CLAP
- A great ending song which as it's supposed to be lets the audience take a part of it. Somehow disappointing to have just Chinami, Miyabi and Yurina singing though. But I like it.


Overall I'm pretty pleased with the set list. The spring tour had some better songs and it made me always work up a good sweat. This time I didn't even have to change shirt afterwards. However, this one is more entertaining to watch. The theme of the tour that is "wanna stand out" is presented in a very amusing way. A good Berryz concert that made me realize how unique they are and how much I've missed attending their concerts.

There's a big mystery though...
Why the hell didn't they perform "Dakishimete Dakishimete"?! It's one of my favourite Berryz songs and was realeased this year, god damn it. It better be performed during the mini live at the bus tour in a couple of weeks.

I'm also of course very glad that there wasn't any graduation announced. Before the concert started I was already pretty convinced again that they wouldn't graduate anyone this tour. Some of the girls made me worried before the final MC though. Yurina seemed to be in pain, with a sad look on her face and some of the other girls were not smiling either. Each of them had their final speech and I got more and more nervous, with Saki being the last one to talk. After the MC was over I checked around in the audience and noticed that most of the wota seemed really relieved and then I decided that I could relax as well, lol. I realized before the concert that it would just be stupid to graduate Miyabi because then they would have to disband Buono!. My #2 on the list for girls possibly leaving was Saki and I just couldn't imagine her graduating and leaving the girls behind, as the leader of the group.


This is a good show that I'm sure most of you will find being one of the best concerts ever with the group when you get to see it on DVD. It's time to really start looking forward to it now!

オマリー

5 comments:

  1. :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.     
    ::::::\:☆ノノハ クゥ~ン 
    ::::::ミゝ从 ’w’)つ 
    ::::::⊂__つノ 
    マイハマン巡回中

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momoko's solo was LOVE! She did a GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Momoko sang this better than Miyabi-chan would have if it was her solo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the preview. I know Very Beauty doesn't fit Momo's voice nor style but it definitely makes the performance more interesting =D Momo is a special girl so even if Risako or someone can do it better, I always prefer Momo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if it makes it more interesting, hehe. She sings it well and all, but yeah, it has been like Risako's song and I've always wanted to see Yurina sing it too.

    ReplyDelete