Thursday, October 15, 2009

The day Buono! was a one girl act

Because I didn't win a ticket for Mano's "premium live" release event today, I decided to go to the MELON GREETING show hosted by Melon Kinenbi and where Buono! were supposed to be guests. Unfortunately though, both Momoko and Miyabi had caught influenza, so Airi had to be alone. Which made it very interesting though!

The show started with Melon performing four of their songs, for then today's other guest, Tsutsumi Kayoto, joining the stage (I have no idea who she is). She had a MC with the Melon girls then performed a song in English, "Desperado" by The Eagles. Then she performed one more song by herself and one together with Melon ("Doukoku"? Never heard it before), before leaving. A pretty decent singer, but no one who caught my interest really.

After that Airi joined the stage. The first song she performed was "Take it easy!". To be honest, to me it became a little bit boring just hearing Airi, after getting used to all the girls performing it together. It's a nice song though and I sure enjoyed it. Her second song was from Buono!'s first album, "Hoshi no Hitsuji Tachi". This is one of my least favourite Buono! songs and I don't get why it got picked when it's so boring live and there's so many other awesome Buono! songs and she only would perform a couple of them. Finally to make it easy for Airi, she got to perform her own C-ute solo song, "Tsuugaku Vector". I wanted more Buono! songs, but this is a killer live, so it was all good.

When Airi was finished singing solo, the Melon girls came back on stage for a MC and then performing "Pinbaka" all of them together. This was probably the highlight of the concert for me, just like last year Buono! were guests at MELON GREEETING and peformed "Onegai Miwaku no Target" together with Melon. The girls had a lot of fun on stage and since usually the Melon girls just improvise, so did Airi. She was a bit lost and also amazed by the Melon girls wackiness so it was very enjoyable to see.

After Airi had left the stage it felt like the show had started for real and Melon performed some really great live songs, such as "Saa! Koibito ni Narou", "Onegai Miwaku no Target" and "This is Unmei".

Another great show by Melon, and I didn't feel that bad about missing Mano's event afterwards. I should probably stay away from fan reports of her event though, lol.

I also just read the news that Maasa and Risako also got the flu now so Berryz concerts in Sendai on Saturday are postponed until 12/30. I'm glad that I had planned to go to Musume's concerts this Saturday anyway. Which, by the way, will be Risa's birthday concerts. I still haven't bought her any birthday present. 'Better take care of that tomorrow... orz

オマリー

No comments:

Post a Comment